Red quinoa salad with fresh peas and goat feta
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
This hearty quinoa salad is great at the start of summer, when fresh peas are in season.
- Put 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Add the stock then when simmering, pour in the quinoa. Boil for 20 minutes or until tender, drain and cool.
- Put a second saucepan of water on to boil. Add salt then when boiling add the carrots and peas. Cook for 3 minutes then drain and cool.
- Slice the carrots. Crumble the feta and slice the avocado.
- Combine the quinoa, carrots, peas, feta and avocado.
- Squeeze over the lemon and olive oil then season and gently combine before serving.