Armand’s amazing chocolate-chip cookies
Here’s a recipe from A Food Lover’s Pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela for some fabulous chocolate-chip cookies to munch on while reading. The butter, nuts and sugar crystals give them an irresistible crunchy texture, and the dark chocolate ensures they are not too sweet. Makes 36.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour, salt and eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate and nuts, then chill the dough for at least 2 hours until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Place spoonfuls of dough on a baking tray lined with baking paper and flatten each one.
- Bake for 10-18 minutes until golden. The cooking time will depend on how large you like your cookies.
- Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.