Chilli chocolate mousse with blueberries
Photo by Michael Craig
This dessert is awesome because you can have the mousse whipped up and set in the fridge the day before. You can use any berries you like. We have even been known to place a few chopped prunes in the bottom that have been soaking in port or Pedro Ximenez.
- Place the chocolate pieces into a microwave safe bowl. Heat gently for 20 seconds at a time until just melted. Be sure to watch this carefully as you don't want the chocolate to burn. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile whip the sugar and cream until medium peaks form.
- Whisk the egg yolks in to the chocolate. Add ⅓ of the cream mix to the chocolate and gently fold together. Once combined, fold through the rest of the cream.
- Divide the blueberries among 4 serving dishes and top with the chocolate mousse and smooth the top with a palette knife. Leave the fridge for at least one hour to set.
- To serve, dust with cocoa and decorate with the marshmallows, golden cashous and flowers.