Barbecued pork fillet with caramel flavours
Photo by Tam West
- Heat a barbecue grill until medium-hot.
- Rub pork fillet with 1 tablespoon oil and garlic and set aside for 10 minutes to bring to room temperature.
- Place pork fillet on the barbecue grill and barbecue for 12 minutes, turning to barbecue on all 4 sides. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place remaining oil, brown sugar and soy sauce in a small heavy-based saucepan and cook over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and cool a little before adding the fish sauce and lime or lemon juice.
- Slice pork fillet and serve with the sauce, sliced red chilli, noodles or rice and a fresh crisp coleslaw.