Roasted tamarind lamb
Tangy tamarind paste is available in jars from Asian foods stores and some supermarkets.
Mango and vietnamese mint relish
|1||Mango, stoned, peeled and diced|
|3||Vietnamese mint leaves, thinly sliced, or 4 if you prefer|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh lime juice|
- Score the top of the lamb as for a ham. Combine the tamarind paste and curry powder. Rub into the lamb well. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before cooking.
- Return the meat to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Place the lamb on a rack in a roasting pan. Add 1 cup of water. Roast for about 1½ hours, until cooked to your preference.
- Meanwhile, combine the relish ingredients.
- Remove the meat from the oven, tent with foil and stand for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with the relish and garnish with the fennel seeds and spring onion curls.
See Jan's other lamb recipes