Fresh mozzarella wrapped in vine leaves
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat the barbecue. Lay the leaves on a board then place a ball of mozzarella in the centre of each.
- Scatter over some lemon thyme, season well and generously drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap the leaves to enclose the cheese and fix with toothpicks if necessary.
- Brush the barbie with oil and lay the cheese down. Cook for 2 minutes.
- At the same time toast the bread for 2-3 minutes or until golden.Turn the bread and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Turn the cheese over and continue to cook for another 2 minutes, remove the toothpicks then the cheese on the bread.