Summer barbecue salad with mustard creme fraiche
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Mustard creme fraiche
|1 cup||Creme fraiche|
|2 tsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|1 to taste||Freshly ground black pepper|
|1||Lemon, (juice of)|
- To make the sauce, whisk ingredients together in a bowl. Taste for seasoning then transfer to a serving dish.
- Boil a pot of salted water to pre-cook the corn. Heat the barbecue.
- Prepare the vegetables. Remove the husks from the corncobs and chop each into four.
- Cook in the boiling water for five minutes then drain.
- Slice the capsicums into sections and remove the seeds. Top and tail the beans. Slice the courgettes.
- Drizzle enough oil to lightly coat the barbecue, then pile on the vegetables. Season then leave for three to five minutes or until lightly coloured.
- Toss and continue to cook for another five minutes. Turn off the heat then toss through the baby spinach leaves and basil before serving with the mustard creme fraiche sauce.