Caribbean banana muffins
( MAKES 18 )
Back to school lunches take on a tropical twist
- Heat the oven to 190°C. Lightly oil or line an 18-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- In a large bowl combine the bran, wholemeal flour, baking powder, salt, desiccated coconut and sultanas.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until just blended.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tray.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- To freeze, wrap each muffin in plastic film and store in an airtight container. Can be warmed in the microwave.
Check out Jan's our recipes for back-to-school ideas