Tomato tarte tatin
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Place the tomatoes in a roasting pan. Drizzle with the oil. Season. Bake for 40 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, place the flour and butter in a food processor. Mix until well combine. Add enough water so the dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic film. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200°C.
- Roll the pastry to a 26cm round. Place the tomatoes, cut-side down, in a 23cm frying pan suitable for the oven, or cake pan. Place the pastry on top folding the edges in. Bake for 30 minutes, until the pastry is golden. Cool for 10 minutes then invert onto a serving plate.
- Dot with the ricotta, basil and thyme. Drizzle with the vinegar.
See Jan's other recipes using tomatoes