Beetroot ricotta, pan-fried asparagus and broad bean salad
Chef David Haase uses olive oil pressed from olives grown adjacent to his Marlborough Vintners Hotel kitchen.
Roasted beetroot ricotta
Asparagus and broad bean salad
|14 stalks||Asparagus, trimmed|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|250 g||Broad beans, podded and fresh|
|100 g||Mixed salad leaves|
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Place the beetroot, garlic and thyme in the centre of a large sheet of foil. Drizzle with the olive oil. Season. Wrap tightly and place on a roasting tray. Bake for 1 hour or until a knife can be inserted easily into the beetroot. Cool, then peel. Discard the garlic and thyme.
- Whizz the beetroot in a blender, until smooth. Add the ricotta and blend well. Season and chill until required.
- Diagonally cut each asparagus spear into 2cm lengths. Sauté in the olive oil on high heat until golden brown. Season. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broad beans in boiling water for about 1 minute. Drain and refresh in ice cold water. Pop the bright green beans out of their skins. Discard the skins.
- Whisk the ingredients together for the dressing.
- Toss the pan-fried asparagus, broad beans, salad leaves and vinaigrette together in a bowl. Season to taste.
- To serve, spoon the beetroot ricotta onto the centre of four plates and make a well in the centre of each. Pile the salad into the wells. Serve with crostini or crusty fresh bread.