Beetroot ricotta, pan-fried asparagus and broad bean salad
( SERVES 4 )
Chef David Haase uses olive oil pressed from olives grown adjacent to his Marlborough Vintners Hotel kitchen.
Roasted beetroot ricotta
Asparagus and broad bean salad
|14 stalks||Asparagus, trimmed|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|250 g||Broad beans, podded and fresh|
|100 g||Mixed salad leaves|
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Place the beetroot, garlic and thyme in the centre of a large sheet of foil. Drizzle with the olive oil. Season. Wrap tightly and place on a roasting tray. Bake for 1 hour or until a knife can be inserted easily into the beetroot. Cool, then peel. Discard the garlic and thyme.
- Whizz the beetroot in a blender, until smooth. Add the ricotta and blend well. Season and chill until required.
- Diagonally cut each asparagus spear into 2cm lengths. Sauté in the olive oil on high heat until golden brown. Season. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broad beans in boiling water for about 1 minute. Drain and refresh in ice cold water. Pop the bright green beans out of their skins. Discard the skins.
- Whisk the ingredients together for the dressing.
- Toss the pan-fried asparagus, broad beans, salad leaves and vinaigrette together in a bowl. Season to taste.
- To serve, spoon the beetroot ricotta onto the centre of four plates and make a well in the centre of each. Pile the salad into the wells. Serve with crostini or crusty fresh bread.