Festive greens orzo salad
Photo by Doug Sherring
For the dressing
|½||Lemon, juice and zest|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 pinch||Chilli flakes|
|4 Tbsp||Olive oil|
For the salad
- Whisk all dressing ingredients until combined. Taste, add salt and pepper to season and adjust as necessary.
- Scatter the red onion on to a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and a generous pinch of sea salt flakes. Roast at 200C for about 15 minutes, until some pieces are soft and some are charred slightly. Set aside.
- Add the cooked orzo to a large mixing bowl. Blanch the asparagus and broad beans, and after rinsing in cold water, add to the orzo. Add the soft onions, herbs, almonds and sesame seeds. Dress and serve.
More of Delaney's Christmas recipes
- A side of salmon with fennel and lemon
- Mango, avocado and haloumi salad
- Festive banoffee tart
- Tuscan crostini