Scallops with herbs and ginger and garlic butter
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Bring the scallops to room temperature.
- Chop the herbs, mix together and arrange in the scallop shells if using or alternatively pile in the centre of the serving plates.
- Heat a non-stick pan and when hot, add the scallops and let sear for 1 minute before turning and repeating.
- Put in the shells or arrange around the herbs.
- Heat a pan and add the garlic, ginger and butter.
- Over a gentle heat, let cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and soft then quickly spoon the hot butter over the scallops and eat. Offer cut lemons or limes.