Salmon with fennel and lemon
Photo by Doug Sherring
Keep things simple and serve couple of big salads and this side of salmon as the main makes - it's a low-key, summery Christmas menu.
- Heat oven to 180C. Lay salmon on a roasting tray.
- Add fennel slices to the tray. Slice one of the lemons, unpeeled, into very thin slices and place on the tray. With the other lemon, finely grate over the zest, then squeeze over the juice, catching any pips.
- Sprinkle over a generous pinch sea salt flakes. Drizzle over the olive oil, then scatter over the herbs.
- Roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, depending on how big your salmon is. When it's done the centre should be opaque and flakes will come away with a fork.
- Sprinkle over additional dill and serve.
More of Delaney's Christmas recipes