Green tea noodles with fish salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tam West
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook the green tea noodles in plenty of lightly salted water until al dente. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again, then toss with vegetable oil to prevent them from sticking.
- Place the baby spinach leaves in a large shallow serving bowl and place noodles on top. Add the fish and carefully toss through, leaving some slices on top.
- Scatter over shredded apple and avocado slices. Pour over enough dressing to moisten and scatter with basil leaves.
- Serve with lime or lemon wedges and any extra dressing in a small bowl.
- The thinly sliced raw fish in this salad is delicious, but the fish can be quickly pan-fried on both sides in a little oil or butter.
- If you prefer you can up the noodle amount and have less fish.
- Squeeze lime or lemon juice over the thin shreds of apple as you cut to prevent them from discolouring.