( MAKES 18 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
If you have never tried making flatbreads, these rolled tortillas with their pork filling is the perfect recipe. Five minutes prep time, straight into a hot pan and they are ready to eat. Although tortillas are delicious hot, for this recipe let them cool then roll with the filling. With the shredded fresh pork, they are a substantial bite.
|1||Pork fillet, cooked and shredded|
|⅓ cup||Hoisin sauce|
|½ cup||Chopped fresh coriander|
|2||Spring onions, sliced in 3cm lengths|
|1 cup||Finely shredded cabbage|
- To make the dipping sauce combine the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place flour and salt in a large bowl. Heat butter and milk in a small pot. Stir this straight into the middle of the flour mixture, mixing vigorously until a soft warm dough is formed. Knead to combine on a lightly floured bench for about a minute. Divide into 12-15 small balls. Roll each into a 12cm diameter circle.
- Heat a heavy based pan to a high heat. Spray with a little oil then place one piece of dough in the centre. Let it cook for 3 or 4 minutes then turn and cook for a further 2. Set aside and continue with the remaining tortillas.
- For the filling — combine the pork, hoisin sauce and chopped coriander in a bowl. Lay the flatbreads on the bench. Place some pork, spring onion, carrot and cabbage in the centre. Roll and tie with a piece of string.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.