Honey spiced nuts
Every year I make these and every year they are different, with spices and nuts getting changed out, so it’s nice to get a final recipe written down. Pack these in small jars for gifts or large jars for the pantry for holiday snacking.
- Heat oven to 170C and cook nuts in separate dishes until lightly roasted. (Nuts require different cooking times, so this ensures they cook evenly.)
- Mix the honey, cumin, paprika, cayenne and salt together.
- Pour the nuts out on to a large baking paper-lined oven tray and pour over the honey mix, using hands to mix through all the nuts.
- Place back in the oven for 7-12 minutes, stirring every now and then if required.
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and stir the nuts as they cool to keep them separated.