- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Very thinly slice the potatoes and layer in a 4-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and microwave on high power for 5-6 minutes or until very tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pan and sauté the shallot, until softened. Stir in the flour then slowly stir in the milk. Add the cheese. Pour evenly over the potatoes.
- Microwave the spinach, until limp. Place on top of the cheese sauce.
- Beat the eggs, milk and salt and pepper to season until well combined. Pour over the potato. Bake for 30 minutes, until puffy, golden and set.
- Great served topped with crispy bacon or ham and diced tomatoes.
See more of Jan's brunch recipes