Warm tomato and tapenade tartlets
( MAKES 12 tartlets )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- To make the pastry, dice the butter and put in the bowl of a food processor. Add the flour and salt. Add the lemon to the water.
- Pulse the motor until the butter, flour and salt resembles breadcrumbs then slowly pour in the combined lemon and water.
- As soon as the mixture begins to form a ball, stop, remove and wrap in plastic wrap then chill until ready to use.
- To make the tapenade, combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Grease or spray tartlet tins then line with the pastry. Rest for 10 minutes while preparing the tomatoes.
- Slice the top off each tomato then using a teaspoon, scoop out the seeds and fill with tapenade. Replace the lids then pop one tomato into each pastry case.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Let cool before garnishing each with a basil leaf.