Flounder croquettes with parsley caper sauce
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Dust the flounder with the seasoned flour. Heat enough oil to just cover the base of the frying pan, then when hot, add the fish and cook for 3 minutes, then turn over and repeat. Let cool before removing the flesh from the bones.
- Dice the potatoes and boil in salted water until soft, drain and cool then mash with a fork.
- Add the potatoes to the flounder, roughly squash the beans with a fork and add the lemon zest, juice, the egg and seasoning.
- Whisk together with a fork until combined.
- Chill the mixture for 30 minutes at least. Form into small croquette shapes.
- Whisk the extra egg and milk together to make an eggwash.
- Pour the breadcrumbs on to a flat dish then dip each croquette into the eggwash then into the crumbs.
- Heat a pan and add 2 Tbsp olive oil then fry the croquettes for 2-3 minutes on each side, turning when golden.
- Serve with the sauce.
- To make the sauce; put the herbs and greens in a food processor with the garlic, salt, almonds, lemon and capers.
- Pulse to combine then drizzle in enough olive oil to create a sauce, taste for seasoning before serving.