Tri-colour tomato salad with wasabi yoghurt
( SERVES 3 )
Photo by Michael Craig
Inspired by Yotam Ottolenghi, this recipe is a Kiwi twist to a Middle Eastern specialty. Serves 3 as a side.
- Place the onion slices in a small bowl and cover in lemon juice. Set aside.
- Chop tomatoes into 2-3cm chunks. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with sea salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt, wasabi, and the small squeeze of lemon juice. Adjust to taste.
- Drain any excess liquid from the tomatoes. Add the watercress, red onion and lemon juice and gently combine.
- Place on a serving plate and dollop over the wasabi yoghurt. Garnish with black pepper.