Venison osso bucco
This dish is inspired by Adrian Lowery, the exec chef at Mackenzies restaurant at the Heritage Queenstown. He served his with tender dumplings of shrimp and leek.
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Season the venison and sear in the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Place in an oven pan. Add the vegetables to the frying pan and cook for a few minutes, until coloured. Add to the venison.
- Add enough stock to cover, together with the soy sauce, cinnamon and cardamom. Loosely cover with foil then slow cook for 3 hours or until tender.
- Strain the stock through a sieve into a saucepan. Add the white or rock sugar and liquor and boil until reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes.
See more of Jan's Queenstown-inspired recipes
- Hot smoked ora king salmon, cashew nut butter and puffed barley
- Raspberry coronet
- Lamb rumps with mint salsa verde