White chocolate and avocado tarts
( MAKES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
For a last minute, no-bake, decadent dessert, try this white chocolate and avocado tart with a stunning creamy filling on an oaty base. It’s best to make the filling as close to serving as possible, allowing for 30 minutes in the freezer. Lemon is essential to ensure the tart doesn’t brown. With fresh berries on top and a sprinkle of white chocolate, this is the perfect finale to a meal.
|1 cup||Dates, soaked for 10 minutes in hot water|
|1 cup||Rolled oats|
|¼ cup||Pumpkin seeds|
|½ tsp||Ground ginger|
|1 Tbsp||Maple syrup|
- Blend the drained dates, coconut, oats, pumpkin seeds, ginger and maple syrup until well combined and the mixture sticks together. Spread into the base and sides of four 10cm tart tins evenly. Line the tins with baking paper if necessary. Place into the fridge to cool.
- Mash the avocado with the lemon juice until well combined.
- Place the chocolate bits into a bowl. Bring the coconut cream to the boil then pour over the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Blitz together the chocolate and avocado until smooth. Spoon into your four tart cases. Cover and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Decorate with extra chocolate bits and fresh fruit before serving.