Watercress and asparagus tart
( SERVES 6 )
This tart is a favourite in our family because it uses two of our favourite spring vegetables. It is really simple to make but it always looks really impressive when you serve it at the table.
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C and line a 28cm x 18cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Cut the asparagus to the width of the baking tin. Get a large pot and blanch the asparagus in salted water for 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the watercress and cook for 2 minutes until just wilted. Remove and drain the excess moisture.
- Lay the pastry in the baking tin and trim the edges. Whisk together the eggs and milk. Stir in the parmesan, pine nuts and parmesan. Season well and then pour into the pastry.
- Lay the asparagus on top of the mix. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the eggs cooked through.