Reader recipe: Citrus chicken
This recipe by Demi Nielson was a finalist in our reader competition, which called for recipes for a meal for 4 for $20. All 162 recipes are in our reader recipe section. Take a look. There are lots of good ideas there.
Demi says: I love this recipe. It’s so tasty, quick and easy. Everyone I’ve made this for raves about it and wants the recipe. I originally found it in my old school’s cookbook (The Essence of Dio) but have made it so much it’s practically a family recipe now.
Bite judges say: What a surprise, this had just the right amount of creamy and lots of zing from the citrus. Smart enough for dinner parties and quick and easy enough to serve on weeknights.
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Put the chicken breasts in a baking dish and sprinkle the lemon and orange zest over them.
- Mix together the lemon juice, orange juice, mayonnaise, yoghurt, chutney and mustard in a bowl.
- Stir the mixture well and pour over the chicken evenly.
- Bake the chicken uncovered for 30-45 minutes turning the chicken halfway through.
- Remove from oven and serve. I like this with a potato or kumara mash or a green salad.