Polenta chips with aioli
Photo by Babiche Martens
There is only one way to describe oven-baked polenta chips — the bomb. These you have to try, with their subtle taste of rosemary and delicious crunchy texture. Make your polenta earlier in the day and allow it to cool completely before cutting into chips. Served with aioli, these are great alongside roast chicken or fish, or just on their own as a scrummy snack.
- Line a 20cm x 30cm tin with plastic wrap.
- Place stock, water, butter, salt and rosemary in a large pot. Bring to a simmer then, while stirring with a whisk, pour in polenta in a steady stream. Continue to whisk until mixture is thick.
- Spoon polenta into tin and smooth using a spatula and your hands. (If they are slightly oily it will make the job easier.) Cover polenta and allow to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Unwrap polenta and cut into even-sized chips. Line a baking tray with paper. Place chips on to paper, spray with oil and bake for 30 minutes. Turn, spray and continue to cook until crispy and golden.
- Serve with aioli or your favourite dips.
See more of Angela's polenta recipes