Chocolate and boysenberry clafoutis
Photo by Tam West
Kids can be encouraged into the kitchen to cook food they like to eat - such as desserts. This is a good starter recipe. Serve straight from the oven when lightly puffed and warm.
- Heat the oven to 200C. Brush a shallow 4 cup-capacity ceramic or glass ovenproof dish with the melted butter.
- Sift the flour, sugar and cocoa powder into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the eggs and cream together until just combined. Add the flour mixture and whisk lightly, then add melted chocolate.
- Pour batter into the prepared dish and scatter over the boysenberries.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the centre is just a little wobbly.
- Serve warm with icecream or a small jug of of milk. Dust with extra cocoa powder if you like.
See more of Kathy's dessert recipes for kids