Brown sugar panna cotta with coffee syrup
- Place the gelatine in a bowl, pour over the water and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the cream, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Add the gelatine mixture and stir to dissolve.
- Pour into 4 x 1 cup-capacity glasses. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until firm.
- To make the coffee syrup, place the coffee and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir to dissolve, bring to the boil and cook for 5-8 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Set aside to cool. Pour over the panna cotta to serve.
* If you don't have a coffee machine or a plunger, simply dissolve 2 tsp of instant coffee in 3/4 cup water.