These pinwheels may be reheated briefly in the microwave and served with whipped cream or yoghurt. For extra tang, drizzle with pomegranate syrup.
- Place the strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the caster sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 225C. Lightly grease four non-stick Texas muffin holes.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the remaining caster sugar and lemon rind. Add the yoghurt and mix to a soft dough. Turn on to a lightly floured surface and knead gently, until smooth. Roll into a 20cm square.
- Brush with the jam. Place two-thirds of the strawberries in a single layer over the dough leaving a 2cm border at the top and bottom.
- Roll up to form a log. Cut into 4 even pinwheels.
- Place 1 pinwheel in each muffin hole, cut-side up. Press down gently.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Stand for 5 minutes then turn on to serving plates. Spoon the remaining strawberries and their juice on top. Dust with icing sugar, and garnish with mint leave.
See more of Jan's spring recipes