( SERVES 4 )
These pinwheels may be reheated briefly in the microwave and served with whipped cream or yoghurt. For extra tang, drizzle with pomegranate syrup.
- Place the strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the caster sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 225C. Lightly grease four non-stick Texas muffin holes.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the remaining caster sugar and lemon rind. Add the yoghurt and mix to a soft dough. Turn on to a lightly floured surface and knead gently, until smooth. Roll into a 20cm square.
- Brush with the jam. Place two-thirds of the strawberries in a single layer over the dough leaving a 2cm border at the top and bottom.
- Roll up to form a log. Cut into 4 even pinwheels.
- Place 1 pinwheel in each muffin hole, cut-side up. Press down gently.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Stand for 5 minutes then turn on to serving plates. Spoon the remaining strawberries and their juice on top. Dust with icing sugar, and garnish with mint leave.