Vanilla bean panna cotta
( SERVES 4 )
- Place the gelatine powder in a bowl, pour over the water and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the cream (pouring cream), sifted icing sugar and vanilla bean and seeds in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Add the gelatine mixture and stir to dissolve.
- Remove the vanilla bean and pour mixture into 4 x 1/2 cup-capacity lightly greased moulds.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the fridge 5 minutes before serving. Remove from the mould and serve with the raspberries.
TIP To scrape the seeds from a vanilla bean, use a small, sharp knife to cut the bean in half. Run a butter knife down the cut sides to remove the seeds.