( MAKES 8 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Souvlaki is never out of fashion in Greece.
|800 g||Leg of lamb, cubed|
|2 tsp||Dried rosemary|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2||Lemons, cut into wedges for serving|
|1 large||Red onion, cut into cubes|
|2||Red peppers, cut into cubes|
|2||Lemons, cut into wedges to serve|
|1 large||Red onion, sliced|
|4||Tomatoes, ripe, cut in chunks|
|½||Cucumber, cut into chunks|
|1 drizzle||Olive oil, good quality|
- Place the lamb in a bowl with the rosemary, oil and lemon and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine well. On to 8 skewers place the lamb, pepper and red onion evenly.
- Heat a barbecue or frying pan to a high heat. Cook the skewers for 4 minutes each side or until done to your liking.
- To make the Greek salad, combine the onion, tomatoes, olives, cucumber and parsley in a bowl and serve with the feta on top and a drizzle of oil.
- To make the tzatziki, combine the yoghurt, garlic, cucumber, mint and lemon juice and stir.
- Serve the skewers with Greek salad, a squeeze of lemon and tzatziki.
See more of Angela's Greek recipes