Seared scallops on warm tomato salad
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease or line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Slice the tomatoes, lay on the tray, season and put in the oven for 5 minutes, keep warm.
- Combine the lemon zest and juice, oil, vinegar, sugar and seasoning.
- Have a pan nice and hot, add the butter and 2 tsp oil then sear the scallops.
- Leave for 1 minute before turning and cooking for another minute.
- Arrange the tomatoes on plates, spoon over the dressing, then top with the scallops and scatter over some fresh oregano.