Lamb medallions with hot carrot slaw
Photo by Tam West
Try matching with a good bottle of Central Otago pinot noir.
|1 packet||Silver Fern Farms Lamb Medallions|
|½ tsp||Fine salt|
|1 tsp||Ground coriander|
|1 tsp||Ground cumin|
|2 tsp||Lemon zest, finely grated|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
Hot carrot slaw
- Heat barbecue or grill to high.
- Season lamb medallions with salt, spices and rub in lemon zest. Drizzle with oil.
- Grill until cooked to your liking — for 5-6 minutes for medium rare. Rest for 5 minutes.
- For the hot carrot slaw, heat the oil in a fry pan on a medium heat. Add the spring onion and garlic, gently fry for 2 minutes. Add carrot and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until just wilted.
- Take off the heat, gently stir through remaining ingredients, season with salt to taste. Serve with warm pita pockets, flatbreads or sliders, with hummus and minted yoghurt on the side.