Eggs with refried bayo beans
( SERVES 4 )
Great served with corn chips. Used regular refried beans if bayo beans are unavailable.
- Soak the cheese in cold water for 10 minutes before using then drain well and crumble.
- Stir the refried beans well and spoon equally into four 6cm diameter ramekins. Break an egg into each ramekin. Pierce the yolks with a toothpick. Top with the chilli and crumbled feta.
- Place in the microwave oven, cover loosely with a paper towel and cook on medium (50%) power for about 6 minutes, until hot and the eggs softly cooked. Garnish.
See more or Jan's Mexican inspired recipes
- Ten-minute black bean chilli tortillas
- Fresh flour torillas
- Chicken and pineapple skewers with tomatillo sauce