- Nick out the blossom end of the cores from the base of each pear. Cut a sliver from the bases so the pears will stand upright.
- Place the remaining ingredients in s slow cooker and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Place the pears in the wine mixture. Cover and cook on high for 1½ hours or until the pears are tender.
- Remove the pears and place in deep flan dish.
- Pour the wine mixture through a sieve into a saucepan. Boil until reduced to about 1 cup. Drizzle the sauce evenly over the pears.
- Serve at room temperature. Great dolloped with whipped cream.
See more of Jan's slow cooker recipes