( SERVES 6 )
This hearty, Italian-style vegetable soup is made using readily available vegetables, some bacon and Campbells Real Stock – Vegetable for maximum flavour and goodness. If you need your soup to go further just add more Campbells Stock and be assured it will go the distance without lack of flavour.
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|250 g||Bacon, sliced|
|2 stalks||Celery, including leaves, sliced|
|½ small||Cabbage, thinly sliced|
|1 bunch||Silverbeet, leaves, thinly sliced|
|1½ Ltr||Campbell’s Real Stock, Vegetable|
|1 Tbsp||Tomato paste|
|200 g||Dried linguine, broken into 5cm pieces|
|1 serving||Basil pesto, or fresh herbs to serve|
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and fry bacon, onion and celery for about 5 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add carrot, cabbage and silverbeet and stir to combine. Cover and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add stock and tomato paste, bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Adding more stock if required.
- Add linguine and simmer until cooked.
- Season to taste and serve with a dollop of pesto or a sprinkle of fresh herbs for extra flavour.