Walnut fudge cake
( MAKES 28 small pieces )
A delightfully decadent occasional treat packed with healthy walnuts, prunes and craisins.
|200 g||Dark chocolate, coarsely chopped|
|250 ml||Cream, thickened|
|200 g||Biscuits, chocolate wheaten|
|1 cup||Pitted prunes, chopped|
|½ cup||Walnuts, roughly chopped|
- Spray a 26cm x 16cm shallow dish with oil and line with baking paper. (The oil helps the paper stick to the dish.)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Place the walnuts in a roasting pan. Bake for 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Cook, until lightly toasted. Cool then coarsely chop.
- Place the chocolate and cream in a large microwave-proof bowl. Cook on 70% power for 2 minutes. Stir and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until just beginning to melt. Remove and stir until the mixture is smooth. Cool.
- Place the biscuits in a plastic bag. Pound with a rolling pin, until coarsely crushed. Add to the chocolate mixture together with the prunes, craisins and toasted walnuts.
- Press evenly into the prepared dish. Press the topping walnuts over the fudge cake.
- Refrigerate overnight until firm. Cut into squares or bars to serve.
Check out more of Jan's nut recipes