Lemon and lime syrup cakes
Photo by Doug Sherring
These lime and coconut puddings are yum. Using citrus when it is in season is one of the best things about winter. Our Dad loves these puddings because they are so comforting and scrumptious but still light, which can be a little dangerous because you feel like you could have more than one. You can serve them with whipped cream or even coconut cream, if you prefer.
|1 Tbsp||Vanilla extract|
|1½ cups||Self raising flour|
- Set the oven to 180C. Line the bottom of 6 ramekins with baking paper and grease the sides with butter or cooking spray.
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer and beat until light, fluffy and slightly pale. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the lemon and lime zest.
- Stir in half the sifted flour then half the milk mixture. Then add the rest of the flour and milk.
- Fill each ramekin ⅔ of the way up with cake batter and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until they are a light golden brown colour.
- Remove from the oven and tip the ramekins upside down to remove the cakes. Gently spoon some of the syrup over each cake.
- To make the syrup, combine all of the ingredients and heat until the sugar has dissolved.