Duck breast with bok choy, shiitake and miso
- Put the shiitake in a bowl and cover with boiling water, leave for 30 minutes until soft then slice.
- Put the vermicelli in a large bowl and cover with boiling water, leave for 15 minutes and then drain.
- Put the dashi in a large saucepan, whisk in the miso paste and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Heat a pan, season the duck and cook, skin side down, for 5 minutes, then turn and cook for another 5 minutes, let rest for a further 5 minutes before slicing.
- While the duck is resting, slice the bok choy and add to the saucepan of dashi. Let cook for 5 minutes before removing.
- To serve, put the vermicelli into bowls, top with the bok choy, ladle over the dashi and arrange the slices of duck and shitake on the top.