Feta cheese and fresh dill could be used in place of the goat’s cheese.
- Remove the leaves and thick stems from the cauli. Break into florets.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the lemon juice and cauli florets. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Place the florets in a bowl and mash well. Add the shallots, flour and egg. Crumble in the goat’s cheese and season.
- Shape into patties about the size of large walnuts. Pan-fry the patties in batches in the oil for about 2-3 minutes each side, until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
See more of Jan's Turkish recipes
- Lamb cooked in yoghurt and cumin seed
- Turkish bread
- Mint and parsley salad