Gin and tonic gelato
- Finely grate the zest from two of the lemons and combine with the gin, slightly crushed juniper berries and the icing sugar.
- Zest the third lemon with a peeler and set the zest aside.
- Juice all three lemons and add to the gin mixture, stir and leave for at least 30 minutes.
- Whip the cream until it holds soft peaks then gently fold in the lemon and gin mixture. Pour into a suitable shallow container and freeze until firm, removing once an hour to whisk with a fork.
- Put the sugar and water into a small saucepan, then bring to a boil.
- After five minutes add the lemon zest, swirl around then let slightly caramelise. After three minutes remove the zest with a slotted spoon and let cool. Retain the syrup and gently warm when needed.
- Serve the gelato with the caramelised lemon and a little syrup drizzled over and mint.