Mushroom and pumpkin risotto
A baked risotto that can be popped in the oven while you get on with other things is a weeknight winner. The rice in this recipe absorbs all the flavour from 100 percent natural Campbell's Real Stock and a medley of mushrooms and pumpkin. This recipe was developed by Bite for Campbells Real Stock.
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|350 g||Mushrooms, we used a mix of buttons, portobellos and oyster, chopped|
|200 g||Buttercup pumpkins, peeked and cut into small dice|
|300 g||Risotto rice|
|¾ cup||Dry white wine|
|1 Ltr||Campbell’s Real Stock, Vegetable|
|½ cup||Grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving|
|1 Tbsp||Thyme leaves|
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Melt 30g of the butter and oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan and cook the onion over a low heat until soft.
- Increase the heat and stir in the mushrooms and pumpkin, frying for 5 minutes until slightly browned.
- Add the rice and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring to coat the grains well in the butter and oil.
- Add the wine, then the stock. Stir and bring to the boil.
- Place the frying pan in the oven (or transfer to a warm ovenproof dish) and bake for 25 minutes until rice is tender and most of the stock has been absorbed. If you like a wet risotto you can add a little more stock.
- Gently stir with a fork, adding parmesan, thyme leaves and remaining butter. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes, remove and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving with extra thyme leaves or parsley and shaved parmesan.