Chorizo and chickpea soup
The chorizo and chickpea is adapted from an old Nigella Lawson recipe, although hers uses black beans. My friends made it for me for lunch one Sunday a few years ago — they swear by it for a hangover cure! It’s a spicy broth, but the coriander and the lime cut through, making it a cleansing, warming, bowl of goodness. So crank up the fire, bust out the woollies and get cooking. These are easy, quick and comforting dinners, perfect when it’s cold outside.
- Slice chorizo on a diagonal into 1/2cm slices. On a low-to-medium heat, fry gently to allow oils and aroma to come out.
- Add chickpeas and spices and mix together.
- Increase heat and add tin of tomatoes. Allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Add stock and continue to simmer until you are ready to serve. Taste and season as necessary.
- Ladle soup into bowls, ensuring you get pieces of chorizo and chickpeas in each bowl. Garnish with plenty of fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime.
Check out more of Delaney's soup recipes