Spelt pancakes with kiwifruit
( SERVES 4 )
- Preheat the oven to 150C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and whisk in the combined coconut milk and egg yolks, until the batter is smooth and bubbles form. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- In a clean, dry bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold through batter.
- Heat a small frying pan on high and brush with the oil. Spoon about ¾ of a cup of the batter into the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip over and cook the other side, until golden.
- Transfer to the prepared tray and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve 2-3 pancakes per person topped with kiwifruit and drizzled with maple syrup.
Check out more of Jan's cereal and grain recipes