Pork chops with apple, mint and fennel slaw and wedges
( SERVES 4 )
This meal is from the Classic Bag. If you’ve still got the barbecue going, why not grill the pork chops on the barbie? My Food Bag provides all the ingredients to cook this with apart from the olive oil and salt.
|2||Green apples, skin on|
|½ cup||Mint leaves, sliced|
|½ cup||Japanese mayonnaise|
- Heat oven to 200C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Drizzle oil over potato wedges and toss (using your hands) to coat well. Lay wedges on lined oven tray and season with salt. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and crispy.
- While the wedges are cooking, prepare the slaw ingredients: Thinly slice the apples then cut into matchsticks. Place in a large bowl and squeeze over lemon juice to prevent browning. Finely shred cabbage and fennel using either a food processor, or slicing thinly by hand with a sharp knife.
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium to high heat, and cook pork chops for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned and cooked in the middle.
- Combine apple, cabbage and fennel with mint and mayonnaise.
- To serve, place a pork chop, some wedges and slaw on each plate.