Mushroom and tofu wrap
Based on a recipe from Chef Jinu Abraham, chef at the Heritage Hotel, Auckland. Jinu also serves a wasabi avocado mousse with the wrap.
- Heat half the canola oil or mustard oil in a pan. Sauté the mushrooms and garlic, until fragrant. Place aside. Add the turmeric and tofu and stir-fry on high heat. Add the thyme. Season.
- Spread each tortilla with the mushroom mixture. Place 2-3 tablespoons of mesclun in the centre, a little salsa then the tofu. Fold the sides of the tortillas inwards and then roll up.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan. Add the wraps — sealed-side down first — and cook, until golden. Turn to cook on all sides.
- Cut in half diagonally to serve. Serve with extra mesclun and salsa.
- Vegan salsa: Place 2 cups of flat-leaf parsley (roughly chopped), 2 tablespoons of pinenuts, 3 tablespoons of capers, ¾ cup of extra virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lime juice in a blender. Whizz, until smooth.
Check out more of Jan's vegetarian recipes