Prawn and mushroom parcels
( MAKES 12 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1 Tbsp||Sesame oil|
|24||Prawns, raw, tails removed, cut in halves|
|2||Spring onions, sliced|
|1 Tbsp||Hoisin sauce|
|½||Red pepper, sliced thinly|
|¼ cup||Coriander leaves|
|12 small||Rice paper wrapper|
|1 serving||Oil, for cooking|
Sweet chilli dipping sauce
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add prawns and cook for 2 or 3 minutes until just cooked through. Remove and set aside. Add the spring onion and mushrooms and cook for a few minutes or until any liquid has evaporated. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl place the prawns, mushrooms, hoisin, pepper and coriander.
- Dip wrappers into warm water a couple at a time and place on damp tea towel. Add some filling and roll into a parcel. Continue with the rest of mixture.
- In a frying pan, heat about 1cm oil. Cook the parcels for 2 or 3 minutes each side until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve immediately with sweet chilli sauce.