This beautiful recipe, inspired by Ben Bayly's dining experience at Pakta in Barcelona, would make a great little appetiser for your next dinner party.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and rub with the sunflower oil. In a very hot pan sear the beef on all sides until caramelised then set aside.
- Mix together the soy sauce and honey, then mix in the almonds, apple, garlic and chives.
- Place the beef in the dressing and marinate for 2 days. Keep covered with plastic wrap and make sure the beef is submerged.
- To serve, take the beef out of the marinade and set aside. Pass the marinade through a fine sieve, keeping the liquid and discarding the rest.
- Slice the beef as thinly as you can with a sharp knife and spread over a flat plate, carpaccio style.
- Spoon the marinade over the beef to dress it. Finish the dish with some salad leaves and some freshly cooked edamame beans.
Ben Bayly, head chef of The Grove and Baduzzi, travelled to Barcelona with Estrella Damm - a major backer of Ferran Adria's BulliPedia. Check out Ben’s peek into the future of food as he visits Ferran Adria’s inspirational el BulliLab, Bodega 1900 and Pakta.