Chicken, basil and pinenut club sandwiches
( SERVES 12 )
- Put the chicken in a bowl, add the aioli or mayo and the lemon juice. Stir, then taste for seasoning and add the pinenuts.
- Pick the basil leaves. Spread each slice of bread with a little butter.
- Lay 4 slices on a bread board and top with the chicken mixture. Top with another slice of bread, lightly butter and then lay the basil leaves all over.
- Season and top with the final slice of bread.
- Cut off the crusts and then slice each sandwich into three.