Scallops and prawns with Aronui Albarino
One of the wines we found interesting and delicious was a variety we had never tried before. The 2014 Single Vineyard Nelson Albarino is super crisp and fresh but very balanced. We thought it would be a great match for seafood. The lemon and lime notes match nicely and the creaminess of the prawns and scallops is great with the underlying ripe fruit flavours
- Heat oil in saucepan. Add garlic and onions and cook until translucent.
- Make sure oil is very hot, add scallops and prawns and quickly sear until lightly browned.
- Add salt and pepper and the Aronui Albarino. Reduce by half. Add cream and reduce until sauce is thickened.
- Lastly stir through the fresh herbs and serve with toasted ciabatta
See more of Kasey and Karena's recipes with wine
- Chicken in wine
- Tohu Rewa Blanc De Blanc poached pears with vanilla mascarpone and pistachio praline