Grilled zucchini salad with pinenuts and squid
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- With the point of a sharp knife, split the squid tubes to open then lay flat and score in a criss cross fashion all over. Cut into strips.
- Thinly slice the zucchini lengthwise then put in a bowl and add 1 Tbsp olive oil, the garlic, lemon zest and juice and salt, then toss.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan and cook the zucchini in batches, turning once, for about 5 minutes or until tender. Put on a serving platter.
- Keep the pan hot, add the extra olive oil and fry the squid in small batches.
- As soon as it curls up and becomes golden, remove from the heat. Lastly, add the pine nuts to the pan and toss for a couple of minutes to lightly toast.
- Arrange the squid among the zucchini, sprinkle over the pinenuts and some salt and serve with lemon.